People may argue parts of the Exodus story and how it could not have happened. But the fact that the story is retold throughout the rest of scripture should speak volumes about its validity and its credibility. (This may not be all of them but you get the idea.)
- Gideon – Judges 6:13 – Questioned about the miracles
- Jephthah – Judges 11:15-27 – Retold conquest story
- Micah 6: 1-5 – The Lord had a case against Israel and highlighted the Exodus to prove his point.
- Ezekiel 20:4 – God giving a discourse to the elders of Israel about their love for idols of Egypt even though He brought them out of Egypt and gave them a good land.
- 1 Corinthians 10:4 – Spiritual lesson about Israel being baptized into Moses and Israel sharing spiritual food and drink and still some died in the desert.
- Moses’ Psalms 90 -100 – I still think they are a series of songs to teach the people about God and His requirements.
- 66: 5-12 A highlight telling of Israel’s time in Egypt and their leaving.
- 77: 11-20 A call for Jeduthum to remember and meditate on the miracles of God; the parting of the Red Sea is the focus with what God did.
Just a thought, look at Psalm 78-83 as a block for teaching people after Jerusalem fell.
- 78 A comparison of Israel’s testing God and His mercy and miracles.
- 80: 7-11 A call to God to remember that He did bring Israel out of Egypt and to have mercy on them again.
- 81:3-10 To remember that God brought Israel out of Egypt and established that He should be praised.
- 95: 8-11 Not to harden your heart as people did at Meribah.
- 105:16-45 A Sunday School lesson of Abraham, Joseph, the plagues and the Exodus.
- 106 A history of God’s faithfulness in not destroying Israel starting in Egypt and going through the Conquest into the unfaithfulness in the Promise Land.
- 114 It reminds Judah who they belong too and that mountains, hills, and the “waters” obey the Lord.
- 135:8-14 That man (Egypt, Pharaoh, Sihon, Og, and the kings of Canaan) will not stop God’s people.
- 136:10-22 Resembles Ps. 135
Picture of Sheaves from http://www.freebibleimages.org/photos/joseph-dreams/