Let God Arise is an extension of the post-God’s Love. The postmodernist ideology has twisted the love of God to dilute what He did to show His love to us. He sent and allowed Jesus to be the sacrifice for your sin. The catch is you have to choose Jesus and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit into a righteousness life. Right living according to God’s standard is what the world leaves out or twist to justify their wrong behavior.
These verses are a few that show the mind of God. (They are NIV. If you use KJV, look for arise instead of rise.)
- Psalm 74:22 Rise up, O God, and defend your cause; remember how fools mock you all day long.
- Psalm 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness
- Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
Father God’s thoughts are not our thoughts. We need to adjust our minds back to the mind of God. One area to bring our minds back to His thoughts is miracles. Yes, they are real and they still happen today. God’s miracles are to bring glory to the Father through Jesus. His righteous plan for His kingdom is the driving force behind miracles. Please, do not dismiss the work of the Holy Spirit that is trying to bring people back to the Father.
The miracles and acts of God that are below, I believe, protected the Father’s righteous plan. While defending His own/plan, the offending party did not fare well. But, Father God is just, whether you agreed with Him or not. Check the verses, as I am giving a synopsis of the story.
- Genesis 12:17 God defended His woman, even when her husband feared for his safety. Diseases afflicted Pharaoh and his household because of Sarah.
- Genesis 20:3-17 Abimelech and his household became afflicted with diseases and their wombs closed. God rose up and protected Sarah and Isaac.
- Numbers 16 The earth swallowed Korah’s family alive when it opened up, and the opposing elders also burned as they opposed Moses and Arron.
- Numbers 21:1 Miriam, Moses’ big sister, contracted leprosy because she wanted to be in charge.
- Deuteronomy 31 or 34 Moses did not enter the Land, when he did not show God as Holy by obeying Him.
- Acts 13:6-12 Elymas of Cyprus lost his sight for a while for perverting the ways of the Lord. He hindered Paul and Barnabas as they talked to Sergius Paulus. (1st trip.)
- Acts 16:16-19 Owners of the fortune teller lost money and the use of their slave when Paul called out the demon spirit. (2nd trip.)
1 Samuel 16:19 The priest or Levities who looked in the Ark when it came back from the Philistines died. It was forbidden, and they knew it.
2 Samuel 6:23 Michal became barren after criticizing David for dancing before the Lord.
2 Kings 1:9 Lightning struck two groups of soldiers and died for threatening the prophet.
- 2 Kings 6:18 Blind soldiers were led into Samaria.
- 2 Kings 5:26 Elisha’s servant took money for a miracle instead of giving God the glory.
- 2 Kings 2:23 Bears killed the youth who taunted Elisha and called him names.
- 2 Kings 7:2 The officer who mocked Elisha’s predication and God’s ability about food being at the gate died at that gate.
2 Chronicles 25:11 He was a good king whose pride caused a problem. He offered incense in the Temple, only Aaron’s family could do that. He was struck with leprosy and lived by himself until he died.
Daniel 4:28-33 Nebuchadnezzar became mad until he acknowledged God’s power and gave the glory to Him.
The Early Church
Acts 5:5 Ananias and his wife dropped dead for lying and trying to bring themselves glory.
Let God Arise and His enemies be scattered. The Father is no pushover. Just because He has mercy does not make Him weak.
In pondering these stories and other miracles in the Bible, something stuck out and is worth mentioning. Jesus went around doing miracles and setting captives free. The Plan involved Him dying, and being beaten, and mocked, and abandoned. But the defense of God’s plan begins again in the ministry of Paul and Peter.
Let God arise and His Kingdom come.