Things Given To Jesus in Holy Week
- Palm Sunday – From Matthew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-11, Luke 19:29-44, and John 12:12-19 we see the people giving Him praise. The Pharisees were upset in Luke 19 because this chant was for the “coming Messiah” and they did not think Jesus deserved it.
- Monday – John 12: 28 the Father gave Jesus a voice (reply) from Heaven. It was for the benefit of the disciples and the crowd.
- Tuesday – Nothing is recorded being given to Jesus on Tuesday. Well, a bad time from the Pharisees and Priest as they tried to trick Him.
- Wednesday – Jesus was given a supper in Matthew 26:3 -16 and Mark 14: 1- 11. It was in Bethany at the house of Simon the Leper. – Jesus also received an anointing of perfume to prepare His body for burial. The perfume was probably pure nard and it was very expensive and in an alabaster jar/bottle.
- Thursday – Jesus was given strength and ministry from an angel (Luke 22:34). Judas gave the kiss (Matthew 26:49 and Luke 22:47).
- Friday – A notice by Pilate that read Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews (John 19: 19) and a drink of wine vinegar (John 19:29). Everything we deserved! The rejection, beatings, ridicule, nails, and death should have been ours.
- See Things Jesus Borrowed