This edition of the Exodus story in other places in the Bible complements the first one. I see all of these references as to how important the Exodus was and is to God. The Holy Spirit directed many authors to a site that period from Egypt to the Jordan River. In many of these God refers to the trip to teach a current lesson.
- 10:18 Samuel quoted God when He references His mighty works and the people rejecting Him.
- 12:6-8 Samuel’s farewell speech.
Nehemiah 9:9-23 Ezra and the Levites recount their history.
- 68: 8+17 A song telling of the Mighty One of Sinai going out with His armies. Written by David. Psalm 68 is very Messianic.
- 74: 12-15 A metaphorical look at crossing through the sea.
- 80: 7-11 A metaphorical telling of the story in the second “restore us, O God Almighty” in this Psalm. It is written by Asaph.
- 103: 7 Made His ways and deeds known to Moses and the people
- 111 – A “secondary telling “of how God does things. I think it applies to Him bringing the people out and leading them in the desert.
- 4:5-6 It is a reference to the pillar of cloud and fire that led Israel.
- 43:3 Egypt was given as Israel’s ransom.
- 63: 10-16 The people remembered that God was with them when Moses led and they followed His will. Divided seas are mentioned as proof of His greatness.
- 2:2-3,6 God gives Jeremiah these two references that describe Israel in the desert. They use to follow the Lord, now they do not even ask about God.
- 32:20-21 Jeremiah points out the signs and miracles God did in bringing His people out of Egypt.
- 12:9-10 God brought them out of Egypt and they will live in tents again.
- 12:13-14 A prophet (Moses) was used in bringing them out of Egypt.
- 13:4-6 God brought them from Egypt. He fed them and they will acknowledge Him.
- It seems the important part of each verse is what God did to care for the people, not just the fact He brought them out.
- 7 Stephen testifying
- 13:16-20 Paul gives a foundation for the Gospel
2 Corinthians – 3:7-18 Moses’ veil after he met God
- 3:7 testing in the desert
- 11:23-29 A history of Moses up to the Red Sea.
- 12: 18-21 Moses at the mountain meeting God.
Jude 9 – Satan wrestling for Moses’ body. (Okay maybe not the actual Exodus) Why would Satan want that body?
I finished this study to find verses about crossing the Jordan River, this will be another post. To my surprise, there are not many places where that crossing is used. To be honest my study of Crossing Jordan has challenged a long-held thought of mine.